2021 WHITE PINE STAMPEDE
IS GOING VIRTUAL
After almost a year of enduring COVID-19, we’ve all been looking forward to this year’s White Pine.
Current executive orders prohibit an in-person race event, and we wanted to keep the spirit of the race alive (Let’s just race!), so the race committee has made the difficult decision to make this year’s race virtual.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
You still get to race! Unfortunately, we won’t be able to race as a group, but we’ll still enjoy the ride (or shall we say, glide?) as individuals. Essentially, you’ll race at your favorite place.
Or, if you’re itching to hit the trails here, you can still race at Shanty Creek Resort, who has graciously agreed to let virtual racers use their Nordic trails as long as you wear your bib while using the trails during the 12-day race timeframe.
OK, SO WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE DETAILS?
$30/Skier | 10K or 20K Classic or Freestyle
Anytime between Monday, February 1 – Friday, February 12
WHAT DOES THE VIRTUAL RACE
- 2021 White Pine Stampede Long Sleeve Performance Shirt
- Finishing Medal
- Bib (allows access to Shanty Creek’s XC Trail System)
- Hammer Gel
- $5 Donation to the Michigan Children’s Hosptial
- $1 Donation to the Jack McKaig Social Justice Scholarship
WILL I WIN ANYTHING?
In lieu of overall winners for each age group, we’re asking our virtual racers to post a picture of themselves wearing their 2021 Performance Shirt (or their medal) and/or a photo of your completed distance (using an app like Garmin, Strava, NikeRun, etc) after you complete your race in one of three ways:
- Post the picture on our Facebook Page
- Tag #WPS2021 in a Facebook Post
- Tag #WPS2021 in an Instagram Post
All photos posted/tagged by 12 midnight on February 12 will be eligible to win one of our fantastic door prizes, all worth more than your entry fee!
- x5 2022 White Pine Race Entries
- x10 $50 Short’s Brewing Company Gift Certificates
- x6 Grand Traverse Distillery Tour & Tasting Certificates
- x1 Overnight stay at Shanty Creek Resort
- Free Oil Change @ Tim’s Tire & Offroad
- … and more!